Wednesday

Day 16, July 29, 2009

Today's theme is a little esoteric: my mate Dave. For those that aren't lucky enough to know him, I'll provide some background and a couple of visual cues. Dave is a web designer who lives in Barcelona. He's been my bestie for almost nine years which makes me feel both happy and old. Laura has agreed to dress as a web designer as she hasn't met Dave, which seems fair enough.

This is the man, the legend: Dave.

I nicked this photo and it was already sideways.

Dave on the right.


Dave extolling the values of sun safety.


This is me as Dave, not Dave himself (I've done such a good job, I had to point this out). I think he'll be pleased. I also don't know if he owns a Pop Swatch, but I do, and it's awesome.

Hasty self-timer shot taken in dodgy bit of park whilst nervous re: theft of camera by nearby homeless person or squirrel.

You can't be too sun safe, even while indoors. Dave would approve.



As a lot of kids in 1991 would agree; this watch makes me cool.

19 comments:

  1. kate i love you. you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, you look great with that red glasses. Néstor

    ReplyDelete
  3. in barcelona all who knows dave glass call him with one funny and lovely word : CAPULLO!
    Glass is really a legend ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice challenge :)
    Dave is also known in bcn for leaving his wet swim suit in the agency's chairs...awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave is so awesome I want to dress like him too!!

    Wish you also had his birdy cardigan :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm working on a fashion and cool wordpress template: Danger Theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look good sideways man

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dave, me gusta más tu versión femenina. No te hace el vestirte de Kate vistiéndose de ti?? Yo creo que triunfarías. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we want thousands of dave's children!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Es muy difícil imitar el estilo de Dave!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really look like a Dangel :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me his name will be Purple Dave forever and ever!!!
    He's The legend, jajaja.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tom Ford calls Danger for random questions in fashion. He's the man!

    ReplyDelete
  14. just when i thought i couldn't be more in love with dave...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a shame Danger D wasn't wearing his SB'z! Katie you could of scored a sweat pair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah the delight that is Dave. I am wearing something 'Daveeque' today in his honour. Dave has always been adored.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooo!!! pop swatch!!

    " in 2009 davism began and transformed the face of fashion"

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dave is so cool, that there is even a British TV channel named after him!!

    ReplyDelete